General Information (Soloists Category)
SIFOM Competition "Soloists" is open to applicants worldwide for the following instruments:
- Winds (Woodwind and Brass) and
- Voice (Female and Male).
The Competition comprises of three rounds: qualifying video audition round, semi-final, and final.
Participants must be of age 17 to 30 (inclusive) as of 1 July 2017 for the upcoming competition.
Please refer to the requirement here.
Dates and Location
A live competition will be held in Singapore
from 5 - 6 July 2017: Semi-Finals (All categories)
from 7 - 9 July 2017: Finals (All categories)
- Complete and submit the application form on the website at www.sifom-sg.com/application-form. Please include a video link (youtube, vimeo, dropbox, etc) Contact information is also available on the website.
- Video requirements:
-Clearly state your name at the beginning of the recording.
-It may be a single work, or multiple works of the applicant’s choice, all of which is included within a single video recording.
-The recording should be done in one time sequence without interruptions between the movements/excerpts, and should not be edited.
-The applicant’s face and hands must be clearly visible throughout the video.
-The total length of the recording should be less than 10 minutes.
-The recording should have been made after 1 December, 2016.
-Video recordings need not be of a professional quality, but the recording must be free of background noise and an appropriate balance between solos and accompaniment is necessary.
- Applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. (EST + 8) on June 10, 2017. No late applications will be accepted.
- All applicants must also submit nonrefundable payments of application fees, payable through the online application system at http://www.sifom-sg.com/competition-application-fee. The application fee is S$50 (non-refundable).
- The competition fee for the admitted participants for the live rounds in Singapore is S$200 (non-refundable), and will be paid upon acceptance into the live rounds.
- Please state in your application if you require visa support for your travel to Singapore.
- A confirmation notice will be emailed to each applicant upon receipt of the completed online application. Be advised that no applications are to be submitted until all information is complete.
- All submitted applications will be reviewed by the executive committee and treated as confidential. SIFOM Competition reserves the right to request additional information from or about an applicant.
February 28, 2017: Opening of online applications
June 1, 2017: Applications due
June 15, 2017: Announcement of qualifying audition results
July 1 - 7, 2017: Semi-Final Round(s) in Singapore (Live)
July 8 - 9, 2017: Final Round and Concert in Singapore (Live)
The original score(s) should be provided for the jury on the day of the competition.
No change in the submitted repertoire may be made once an application is submitted.
All contestants must wear formal attire: no jeans, leggings, sneakers, or boots, please.
SIFOM Competition does not provide accompanists during the competition. Competitors can bring their own accompanists. Please clearly state if you are bringing your own accompanist in the application form, or an accompanist will be assigned to you for a fee.
The order of the competition is decided by alphabetical order (last name). However, juries of each section may decide to change the order of performance due to participant's illness or other force majeure.
All contestants in the Soloist category are required to perform their repertoire from memory.
The jury retains the right to stop a performance if the contestant exceeds the allotted time.
Contestants are not permitted to have contact with any jury member during the time of their participation in the competition. Failure to observe this rule may lead to disqualification of the contestant.
All information contained in this document is correct at the time of publication. However, the SIFOM Competition reserves the right to make any changes if circumstances dictate
Will be announced soon.
Prizes and Awards
The following prizes and awards will be given out at the Singapore International Festival of Music Competition in each instrumental and voice category:
First Prize: Diploma, S$1000 and international concert engagements
Second Prize: Diploma, Singapore concert engagements
The Organizing Committee may also award Special Prize(s) where winners will receive invitations to perform at SIFOM Fringe and Outreach events and/or mentorship and support from one of the internationally recognised jury members.
Participants who do not proceed to the final rounds will also receive a certificate of distinction.
Multiple or no winners may result in each of the age groups and/or instrumental divisions at the discretion of the jury. All jury’s decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
All information contained in this document is correct at the time of publication. However, the SIFOM Competition reserves the right to make any changes if circumstances dictate.